Friday, March 9, 2012

Flashback Friday: That Time I lived in New York City and Chopped All My Hair Off Among Other Things:

This was taken only four years ago, but it feels like a lifetime ago. When I look at this, I see a completely different person than the one I am now.

I fled to NYC to get some gritty filmmaking experience, but also to get away from Los Angeles and start over, even for a few months. I owe a large part of who I am today to the city of New York and the time I spent there. I’ve lived and traveled on my own before, but NYC was a different beast. It’s truly a city that will chew you up and spit you out into a million pieces. Everything was a hustle there. The people you met were all hustling and struggling for their passions, and more importantly never settling. Living there gave me the confidence and backbone I needed to work in this thrilling and at times soulless industry. It’s always good to look back, but I’m happy to leave this girl behind.   

No comments:

Post a Comment